- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Georgia General Assembly
The Georgia General Assembly is the state legislature of the U.S. state of Georgia. It is bicameral, being composed of the Georgia House of Representatives and the Georgia Senate. - Source: Wikipedia
Twenty-seven liberal groups are pressuring Senate Democrats to reject one of President Barack Obama's judicial nominees.
Georgia Senate Majority Leader Ronnie Chance has announced plans to retire at the end of his term.
Recent editorials from Georgia newspapers:
Georgia's Republican U.S. Senate candidates take similar if not the same positions on most of the matters that tie Congress in knots.
Some months ago, all it took was a few YouTube videos for 11-year-old Bella Hayes to fall in love with hedgehogs.
While Americans seem to be sharply divided along partisan lines when it comes to important domestic policy issues -- take health care, immigration or the national debt, for example -- in at least one area of national importance, conservatives and liberals are increasingly united: criminal justice reform.
Falcons owner Arthur Blank says there will be professional football in 2011 in Atlanta.