- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Iceland
Sweden eked out a 1-0 victory over the United States to end the American women's 43-game unbeaten run and deny them any chance of reaching the Algarve Cup final, which Germany reached on Friday after clinching its group.
Surgery to remove the prostate saves lives compared to "watchful waiting" for some men whose cancers were found because they were causing symptoms, long-term results from a Scandinavian study suggest.
Ajax beat arch rival Feyenoord 2-1 Sunday in Rotterdam to cement its position at the top of the Dutch Eredivisie.
Two-time defending European champion Spain faces a seemingly comfortable road to defend its title at Euro 2016 after being drawn Sunday with Luxembourg, Macedonia, Belarus, Slovakia and Ukraine for the qualifiers.
The U.S. women's soccer team will host China in an exhibition game on April 6 at Commerce City, Colo.
Aron Johannsson's opportunistic goal on a lunging header between two defenders in Dutch league action last weekend provided the latest evidence that he could emerge as an American scoring threat in Brazil this June.
As romantic destinations go, Iceland probably ranks pretty low down most lists.
The political battle over circumcision is intensifying in Europe, as medical professionals and their allies have renewed a push to curb the procedure for infants and young boys.
Iceland has a new drink that is being marketed for "true vikings" — whale beer.
GENEVA (AP) _ FIFA has banned Croatian defender Josip Simunic for 10 games _ including the entire World Cup _ for leading fans in a pro-Nazi chant after the team qualified for next year's tournament in Brazil.
The lousy sign-up website cost a bundle, a fact that will not disappear no matter how much the White House pivots from one issue to the next to deflect public interest away from Obamacare.
The irrepressible Cristiano Ronaldo scored a dazzling hat trick as Portugal qualified for the 2014 World Cup finals at the expense of Zlatan Ibrahimovic's Sweden on Tuesday, while France advanced by conjuring a remarkable turnaround against Ukraine.
Existing hardware can enhance U.S. security and the urgent priority is improved radar
Greece and Cristiano Ronaldo's Portugal finished second in their groups, winding up in next months' eight-team European playoffs that will determine four more berths.
Seeking to avoid a polar free-for-all in one of the planet's last untapped economic frontiers, representatives from more than three dozen nations will gather in Reykjavik, Iceland, starting Saturday to try to set some rules for tapping the natural resources and navigating new shipping lanes opening in the Arctic.