- Paul Walker secretly bought $9K wedding ring for Iraq vet
- Mystery sign poster hits Washington state town: ‘It’s OK to say Merry Christmas’
- Pope Francis forms commission to advise on sex abuse
- Anthony Weiner on radio? Cumulus says, ‘Never, ever’
- Executive order: Obama ups green-energy mandate on feds to 20 percent
- GOP launches candidate training: How to talk to women
- N.Y.’s Rockefeller Center lights up, as Bloomberg flicks on 76-foot Christmas tree
- Northern Ireland turns to ‘Game of Thrones’ to draw in tourists
- Washington woman live-tweets husband’s horrific car death
- China City of America mulled for New York — with $65M tax dollars
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Joe Corvo
Pittsburgh acquired Jarome Iginla, Brenden Morrow and Douglas Murray to bolster its Stanley Cup hopes, but could adding veteran players to an established group create problems? Recent history in Washington suggests loading up at the trade deadline isn't a fool-proof plan.
Ten points back of the Carolina Hurricanes after Tuesday night's shutout loss, the Caps are perilously close to falling out of the race altogether as the two teams meet again Thursday.
After building up a reputation with the Caps of being a supremely talented winger with inconsistency in his game and his habits, Semin is making the most of a fresh start in Carolina.
Troy Brouwer and his wife, Carmen, knew their first child was on the way, due in mid-October. Kylie Marie was born Oct. 14, about a month into the NHL lockout.
The Carolina Hurricanes started free agency by locking up their big trade acquisition for the long haul and bringing back a familiar face. They might not be done there.
Scheduling conflicts forced the Washington Capitals and Boston Bruins to play Games 5 and 6 back-to-back this weekend at TD Garden and then Verizon Center, but just about everyone involved brushed it off as any kind of a problem.
Sudden-death overtime losses can feel like gut punches. Thursday night was not that for the Washington Capitals.
Team overviews of all the teams in the NHL.
Cam Ward made 36 saves and the Carolina Hurricanes got their offense going in a 4-0 preseason victory over the Winnipeg Jets on Sunday night.
Patrice Bergeron knows opponents will get fired up to beat the Stanley Cup champions. That's what he did when he faced the team that won the title before his Boston Bruins.
The Stanley Cup champion Boston Bruins acquired defenseman Joe Corvo from the Carolina Hurricanes on Tuesday for a fourth-round pick in next year's draft.
General manager George McPhee "can't talk enough" about how well the Washington Capitals have drafted in recent years.
It's one thing to win. It's a different thing to win and go young at the same time.
“I think if you watched them play tonight,” defenseman Joe Corvo said, “it seems like they're missing maybe some confidence.”
"Behind the back, through the legs," Corvo said.