- Americans for Prosperity ad attacks N.H. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen’s Obamacare vote
- Senate races are close in Southern states, poll shows
- Texas A&M kicks off FAA-backed drone tests for business ventures
- Bad loser: ‘Call of Duty’ gamer calls in SWAT team on teen who won
- Sen. Rand Paul: Limited Washington experience isn’t always bad
- Ben Sasse scores Sen. Ted Cruz’s endorsement for Nebraska Senate primary
- Beer-flavored lollipops make debut: ‘An All-American slam-dunk’
- Gabby Giffords’ gun control push gets high-profile speaker: Bill Clinton
- Tony Blair to warn West: Take sides against radical Islam
- Pfc. Bradley Manning’s name change to Chelsea heads to court
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
Topic - John J. Duncan Jr.
The Tennessee Valley Authority is owned by the federal government and provides electricity to millions of customers in seven states, including Virginia, but the salaries it pays its executives aren't anything like what most federal workers can imagine.
The biggest lie in American politics is that the Republican Party is the party of the rich or wealthy.
"To give pay raises as high as 50 percent in times of relatively low inflation is just wrong and unfair to rate payers," he said.
But Mr. Duncan said TVA ought to be able to attract executives without paying such high compensation.