- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
Topic - John J. Duncan Jr.
Twenty tea party and conservative groups in Tennessee have signed onto a letter that asks Sen. Lamar Alexander to retire, claiming "our great nation can no longer afford compromise and bipartisanship, two traits for which you have become famous."
Republicans have been completely right in criticizing President Obama for his poor handling of the economy. That being said, it's completely wrong for the GOP to criticize him when he does something right.
The Tennessee Valley Authority is owned by the federal government and provides electricity to millions of customers in seven states, including Virginia, but the salaries it pays its executives aren't anything like what most federal workers can imagine.
The biggest lie in American politics is that the Republican Party is the party of the rich or wealthy.
"To give pay raises as high as 50 percent in times of relatively low inflation is just wrong and unfair to rate payers," he said.
But Mr. Duncan said TVA ought to be able to attract executives without paying such high compensation.