- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Johnson Administration
*Andrew Johnson Administration, 17th President of the United States, 1865–1869*Lyndon B. Johnson Administration, 36th President of the United States, 1963–1969 - Source: Wikipedia
I'm not sure you need to live in poverty or even be an acquaintance of someone who is poor to know what poverty looks like. Being a member of the faith, hope and charity crowd seems to be one of humanity's strongest suits, regardless of which rung you are perched on along the lengthy economic ladder.
Ira M. Lowe, a colorful Washington lawyer whose apartment in Kew Gardens in Georgetown was a way station for counter-culture organizers, celebrities, artists and other figures during the turbulent 1960s, died June 11 at his home after a lengthy illness. He was 88.
Gov. Gary Johnson is a candidate for the Libertarian Party's presidential nomination. During two terms as New Mexico's governor from 1995-2003, he vetoed over 750 bills (more than the rest of the nation's governors combined) and left government service with his state being one of only four with a balanced budget.
The Obama administration has confirmed that talks are under way with the Taliban to seek a diplomatic settlement in Afghanistan prior to the departure of coalition troops. The same Taliban conducted a spectacular assault late Tuesday on the InterContinental Hotel in Kabul. Seven suicide bombers and snipers killed 11 people. The attackers also died, some by design, the last three shot down on the hotel roof by NATO helicopters.
Financial fraud is one or more intentional acts designed to deceive other people and cause them financial loss. Who is the world's greatest financial fraudster? Bernie Madoff? Not even close.
Republicans last week painted the country's northeastern corner red last week, grabbing control of the state House, Senate and governor's mansion in Maine for the first time in more than four decades in a stunning electoral sweep.