- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Selfies at Funerals blog creator retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Tea partyers turn on Capitol Hill budget deal
By Matt Kibbe
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Karl Alzner
Capitals defensman Karl Alzner says he doesn't 'hold anything again' Richard Panik for driving him into the boards Tuesday night.
Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin scored four times for the third time in his career to lead the Caps to a wild 6-5 win over the Lightning.
With seven healthy defensemen, the Caps have sent Patrick Wey back to the Hershey Bears.
Watch Karl Alzner take a big hit from Richard Panik.
Nate Schmidt made his NHL debut this season after an injury to John Erskine, on Saturday he scored his first career goal.
Adam Oates post-game comments praised some unsung players for the Capitals, specifically on defense.
Karl Alzner and Nate Schmidt scored their first goals of the season and Alex Ovechkin, Troy Brouwer and Eric Fehr also found the back of the net as the Caps rolled over the Nashville Predators 5-2 for their third win in four games.
Karl Alzner scored his first-ever goal at Verizon Center, then challenged rookie Nate Schmidt to do the same.
Instant analysis of the Capitals' 5-2 win over the Nashville Predators Saturday night at Verizon Center.
Marty Erat, Joel Ward and Matt Hendricks will all be facing their former teams tonight when the Predators visit the Capitals [7 p.m., CSN].
Mike Green says the Caps need to find a better way to respond to falling behind in games. 'Then why didn't he do it?' wonders Adam Oates.
The Capitals have used 11 different defensemen this season. Patrick Wey could be their 12th.
"You hate to say this, that it's a tough team to get up for," Alzner said. "Maybe if it was Boston it would be different for us, I don't know. That may be the case, even though it sounds really bad. ... We took them way too lightly."
Goaltender Michal Neuvirth and center Brooks Laich remain sidelined by lower body injury.
Inside the Capitals' wild 3-2 win over the New York Islanders.