- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
Topic - Mount Vernon
Occasionally, an author has such an inspired notion for a book that it is well worth the read even though there is disappointment in its execution.
The congregation at Mount Vernon Baptist Church has held its final Sunday service in a building that's being torn down to make way for a new $1.2 billion stadium in downtown Atlanta.
Authorities have released the name of the woman who died in a head-on car crash in Monmouth.
Three students at a suburban New York City high school have been suspended for allegedly posting racial tweets following a recent game against a rival school.
Indiana's top 60 senior girl players as selected by Hoosier Basketball Magazine:
Heading up from the Fragrance Lake trailhead, I soon cross the Interurban Trail, the route of an old trolley line from Bellingham, then plunge into a thick, twilit forest of 100-year-old firs, cedars and hemlocks among a carpet of swordferns that rival the size of an Arthurian broadsword.
The Mount Vernon Ministerial Association members are offering a modern-day twist on an old tradition.
Winter kept its icy hold on much of the country Monday, with snow falling and temperatures dropping as schools and offices closed and people from the South and Mid-Atlantic to Northeast reluctantly waited out another storm indoors.