- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
- Iraq mulls law to let men marry 8-year-old girls
By David A. Clarke Jr.
Planning for the last attack doesn't make Americans safer
Topic - Nick Hagadone
James Paxton allowed two hits in three scoreless innings and Nick Franklin drove in two runs Wednesday in the Seattle Mariners' 8-5 loss to the Cleveland Indians.
Cleveland pitcher Nick Hagadone will receive an additional 94 days of major league service time and the Indians will have the right to option him to the minor leagues this season under a grievance settlement between Major League Baseball and the players' association.
The Cleveland Indians have acquired reliever Jairo Asencio from the Atlanta Braves for cash.
Starting second baseman Jason Kipnis and veterans Lou Marson and Shelley Duncan are among 12 players signed to one-year contracts for 2012 by the Cleveland Indians on Friday.
Only a few hours into the season's final month, the Cleveland Indians have already added another name to their overflowing disabled list.