- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Office Of Hawaiian Affairs
Crimes such as pumping pool water into the ocean and dumping trash on roadsides would be prosecuted better if Hawaii establishes an environmental court, advocates and regulators told state lawmakers Wednesday.
The University of Hawaii on Thursday approved a plan to lease land at the summit of Mauna Kea for construction of the world's largest optical telescope.
A bill before the state Senate would allow residential development on central Honolulu land now owned by the Office of Hawaiian Affairs, reversing a ban imposed eight years ago.
Donald Bruce Cataluna, a retired sugar industry executive and former Office of Hawaiian Affairs trustee, has died. He was 77.
The remains of a Native Hawaiian man and woman will be returned to their home state after spending more than 50 years in Texas, officials said.
Members of the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights are urging President Obama to reject Democratic requests to grant tribal status to Native Hawaiians by executive order, saying the unilateral move would be "unwise and unconstitutional."
Democrats are urging President Obama to bypass Capitol Hill once again and accomplish by executive order what Congress refused to do for 13 years: grant formal federal tribal recognition to Native Hawaiians.