- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Ukraine’s Crimea seeks to become independent state
- Ex-Gov. Christie aides to judge: Quash subpoenas
- Rich Peverley collapses on Dallas Stars bench; game postponed
- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
Topic - Patsy Staten
A former advisory neighborhood commissioner accused in June by the District of Columbia auditor of stealing $30,000 in taxpayer money is being charged with a felony, court documents filed Wednesday show.
Regina James stood by as taxpayer funds under her watch disappeared in a few months.
Asked what she did at the office on a typical day, Ms. Staten said: "Twiddle my thumbs."