- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Pierre-Luc Létourneau-Leblond
Philadelphia Flyers forward Jody Shelley has been suspended for the remainder of the preseason and the first five games of the regular season for his hit on Toronto's Darryl Boyce.
Playing the first meaningful game on Verizon Center ice after the team's stunning first-round elimination in last year's playoffs, the Washington Capitals returned Saturday night for the team's home opener, turning in a 7-2 win over the New Jersey Devils.