- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
Topic - Ricardo Lara
The state Senate has approved a bill that would ban lobbyists from hosting fundraisers at their homes and offices after one firm was slapped with a record fine.
Immigrants in the country illegally would be able to get professional licenses in California under a bill moving forward in the statehouse.
Stung by criminal charges against two colleagues, the leader of the state Senate and other Democratic lawmakers on Thursday proposed tightening rules on lawmakers and lobbyists.
A state senator on Thursday proposed repealing Proposition 227, the 16-year-old law that banned most bilingual education in public schools.
A California lawmaker wants to use a state version of the Affordable Care Act to provide health care access to immigrants who are in the state illegally.
California lawmakers declined Thursday to pass a bill to strip Boy Scouts of America and other "discriminatory" youth groups of their tax-exemption status.
A California bill that could strip tax-exempt status from Little League, the Boy Scouts of America and other "discriminatory" nonprofit youth-serving groups could come up for a final vote this week.
The California Senate on Wednesday passed a bill that would revoke the Boy Scouts' nonprofit status because the group does not allow openly gay adults to join.
The future of the Boy Scouts is on the line. Left-wing activists have made overturning the youth organization's traditional values a priority, and the national leadership will decide in May whether to cave to the pressure and celebrate homosexuality as a moral value for the nation's boys.
"There was a Hispanic Republican caucus that we worked with and we've worked well with over the years, and so we are going to encourage him to act as his caucus and we'll continue to work together," Mr. Lara told the affiliate.