- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Rob Parker
ESPN suspended commentator Rob Parker on Friday for what the network called "inappropriate" comments about Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III and race.
I was driving my youngest daughter to school Thursday when a text message appeared on my cell phone: "Sup Deron. Wats ur take on RF3 (sic). Real Brutha or a cornball who don't wanna b a Bruhtha." It was from a friend, ESPN commentator Rob Parker.
"I'm about to go on," he said.
Parker said of Griffin on-air Thursday: "He's black, he kind of does the thing, but he's not really down with the cause.