- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
By Mangosuthu Buthelezi
Memories of a long brotherhood tempered in common struggle
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Rob Parker
ESPN suspended commentator Rob Parker on Friday for what the network called "inappropriate" comments about Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III and race.
I was driving my youngest daughter to school Thursday when a text message appeared on my cell phone: "Sup Deron. Wats ur take on RF3 (sic). Real Brutha or a cornball who don't wanna b a Bruhtha." It was from a friend, ESPN commentator Rob Parker.
"I'm about to go on," he said.
Parker said of Griffin on-air Thursday: "He's black, he kind of does the thing, but he's not really down with the cause.