'Your papers, please' must never be heard in America
Independent voices from the TWT Communities
The tragedy of Benghazi, where a U.S. ambassador and three other Americans were killed, seemed a cut-and-dried story in the days after a mob attacked the State Department's mission in eastern Libya. Today, the public knows that those early administration pronouncements were false.
When I took Hillary Rodham Clinton to task in January for the mishandling of security in Benghazi, Libya, I told her that if I had been president at the time, I would have relieved her of her post. Some politicians and pundits took offense at my line of questioning.
It has been nearly eight months since jihadists attacked U.S. facilities in Benghazi, Libya. Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and three other Americans were killed, and many more were badly injured. That is pretty much all we know for sure about an incident that has let's face it been subjected to the most comprehensive and successful cover-up in modern political history.
First, it was a lame duck, Democrat-controlled Congress, in December 2010, that allowed homosexuals in the military. Now it's a lame duck secretary of defense -- a onetime liberal Democratic congressman -- who decides unilaterally that women in combat will likewise make for a better, stronger military.
Retired Army Special Forces Master Sgt. Jeff Hinton was looking for 100 current or retired Green Berets to sign a petition defending Second Amendment rights. What he received was 1,100 special forces operators, all of whom are against bans on the kind of military-style rifles targeted in the wake of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in December.
The recent decision by outgoing Secretary of Defense Leon E. Panetta to allow women to serve in front-line combat units is fraught with problems, and no one in the administration or at the Department of Defense seems to be considering them.
Four years after its startup, U.S. Africa Command has it own fast-reaction commando force — based at Fort Carson, Colo., thousands of miles from the troubled continent.
The U.S. soldier accused of carrying out the massacre of 16 Afghan civilians during nighttime raids on two villages last year deferred entering a plea Thursday to charges that could bring the death penalty.
While preparing for overseas deployment with the U.S. Marines last year, Staff Sgt. Nathan Hampton participated in a series of training exercises at Camp Pendleton, Calif. There were weapons qualifications. Grueling physical workouts. High-stress squad counterinsurgency drills. And weekly meditation classes.
Treyarch delivers another time-sucking triumvirate of gaming options for the fan of military shooters.
The soldier accused of killing 16 villagers in a nighttime rampage in Afghanistan returned to his base wearing a cape and with the blood of his victims on his rifle, belt, shirt and pants, a military prosecutor said Monday.
There is an urgent need for full disclosure of what has become the “Benghazi Betrayal and Cover-up.” The Obama national security team, including CIA, DNI and the Pentagon, apparently watched and listened to the assault on the U.S. consulate and cries for help but did nothing.
The Pentagon is staying mum on why combat assets were not immediately sent to Benghazi, Libya, to aid the U.S. Consulate under attack by militants for hours on Sept. 11.
The final presidential debate earlier this week was a tailor-made opportunity for Mitt Romney to rip into President Obama's inconsistent, value-free and at times incoherent foreign policy.