- DOJ reaches largest-ever federal government settlement over auto loan discrimination
- U.S. Navy to start giving gay couples marriage benefits in Japan
- Sen. Harry Reid goes to hospital as a precaution
- Fla.’s Trey Radel exits rehab, ‘excited’ to resume congressional role
- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
By John McAfee
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Suburban Hospital
A Prince George's County man was killed early Wednesday morning after his car was struck by a truck tractor on the Capital Beltway in a crash that snarled traffic for hours, according to Maryland State Police.
Montgomery County Police have identified the 20-year-old man and 18-year-old woman who died early Sunday when a sport utility vehicle they were riding in struck a tree on Jones Bridge Road in Bethesda.
On a warm summer night nearly four decades ago, Israeli military attache Joseph Alon was shot five times in the driveway of his Chevy Chase, Md., home, one of the bullets piercing his heart. For his family, the hole remains.
Montgomery County police on Wednesday identified a Silver Spring man who died in police custody after officers used a Taser to subdue him.
A 29-year-old man was hospitalized Thursday after collapsing along the 11th fairway at the U.S. Open.
Montgomery County police say an 18-year-old was killed early Friday when the car he was driving hit a dump truck in Germantown.
R. Sargent Shriver, the exuberant public servant and Kennedy in-law whose career included directing the Peace Corps, helping wage President Johnson's War on Poverty, serving as ambassador to France and, less successfully, running for president, died Tuesday. He was 95.
A family spokeswoman on Monday said R. Sargent Shriver, a former Peace Corps director and vice-presidential nominee, is in critical condition in a Maryland hospital.
A House committee wants the Homeland Security Department to provide documents about a policy requiring political appointees to review many Freedom of Information Act requests before releasing them.
Montgomery County police on Monday said a slaying at Suburban Hospital over the weekend likely wasn't a random act of violence.
Maryland State Police say they have found no mechanical problems that could have led to a bus crash on Interstate 270 that killed the driver and injured 11 passengers.
Federal investigators will try to find out what caused a bus carrying several children and their parents who spent the day sightseeing in the nation's capital to plunge off a highway, killing the driver and injuring more than a dozen.