- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Thomson
Two members of Illinois congressional delegation are asking President Barack Obama to continue funding efforts to activate the Thomson Correctional Center in the northwest part of the state.
Emily Dickinson wrote her poems in a second-floor bedroom overlooking her beloved garden. Ernest Hemingway developed his spare style, writing in a Parisian bistro watching life swirl by.
A disbarred attorney from Lawrence has been sentenced to three years in prison for stealing about $1 million from several clients.
Former lightweight champion Benson Henderson won a disputed split decision over Josh Thomson in a five-round lightweight fight at UFC Chicago on Saturday night, likely ending Thomson's career.
The Kenosha firefighters union has filed a complaint against the fire chief, alleging misconduct.
A student researcher and a climate activist who've traversed sections of the Portland-to-Montreal pipeline are ready to discuss what they've seen.
The massive spending bill worked out by congressional negotiators includes money to open the Thomson prison in northwestern Illinois.
British Prime Minister David Cameron may rue the day he supported gay marriage.
A lifeboat from a British-operated cruise ship fell into the sea at port in Spain's Canary Islands during an emergency drill being carried out by the crew, killing five people and injuring three others Sunday, according to officials and media reports.
Twelve years ago Friday, the USS Cole was the target of a suicide-bomb attack that killed 17 sailors while the warship was moored in the Gulf of Aden.
Team Obama insists that next month's presidential election is "a choice, not a referendum." It sure seems to be the latter with respect to the two candidates' very different views on the Constitution.
One of the most famous upsets in golf took place at The Olympic Club. But that wasn't the only one at the U.S. Open.
A clerical error landed Kathleen Casey on the streets.
A man in a gray uniform threw the ball, a man in a white uniform hit it and seconds later the most riveting moment in sports history was history.
Medicare crises, looming doctor shortages, more patients without health insurance. And that doesn't even count the big changes coming from a revamped health care system.