- Aaron Hernandez investigated for threatening to kill prison guard
- Putin tells Merkel that Ukraine is on the brink of civil war
- San Antonio mayor to Obama: Give amnesty to illegals with legal families
- NYPD disbands unit that spied on Muslims to go after ‘real bad guys’
- Donald Rumsfeld has ‘no idea’ if he paid taxes correctly
- Bradley Manning named honorary grand marshal of San Francisco Pride parade
- Look out PayPal: Facebook working toward mobile payments system
- U.S. rebukes Iran’s U.N. envoy pick over 1979 embassy attack
- Stoned mom avoids jail after driving 12 miles with baby on roof
- More than 100 ‘inappropriate’ encounters between NYC school staffers, students since 2009: report
By returning to goodness, the nation can achieve greatness once again
Topic - Uruguay
Michael Essien and Kevin-Prince Boateng are both returning after extended breaks from international football to play for Ghana at the World Cup, and Andre Ayew is also likely to be one of the country's pivotal players in Brazil.
With three former champions in Italy, England and Uruguay, plus unpredictable Costa Rica, Group D could be the World Cup's toughest.
Despite qualifying for the World Cup with the best defensive record in CONCACAF, Costa Rica is still a heavy underdog to get out of a group containing England, Italy and Uruguay.
Diego Forlan recorded a television commercial recently wearing a T-shirt that read: "We're not the favorites, nor will we be a surprise. We are the team that no one wants to draw."
Costa Rica coach Jorge Luis Pinto will need every bit of his tactical know-how if he is to lead the Central American nation out of Group D at the World Cup, where the team will play Italy, England and Uruguay.
To say that Uruguay coach Oscar Tabarez has been around would be an understatement.
Although Uruguay is a small country with only 3.2 million people, it has produced some big talent.
Pele's family doesn't call him by his nickname. They don't even call him by his given name, Edson Arantes do Nascimento.
Uruguayan soccer has lost its leadership with little more than two months before its national team is to compete in the World Cup.
The sun came out, the United States kicked into another gear, and weary Uruguay couldn't keep up.
Uruguay's drug czar says every legal marijuana plant in Uruguay will be registered and tracked using radio frequency tags, and that state-grown marijuana will be cloned to include genetic markers, making sure that what's grown here, stays here.
President Obama is looking for ways to empty 154 detainees from Guantanamo Bay and he just found a taker for five of them: Uruguay.
Pele is counting on Neymar to lead Brazil to a World Cup title and erase the painful memory of the last time the country hosted the tournament.
Midfielder Alvaro Pereira scored a second-half equalizer to help Uruguay draw 1-1 with Austria in the South Americans' World Cup warmup game on Wednesday.
Carlos Paez Vilaro, a self-trained painter, sculptor, screenwriter, musician and architect who championed Afro-Uruguayan Candombe music and dance, created colorful murals in dozens of cities around the world, and built a huge "living sculpture" that became an iconic 50-room hotel, died on Monday. He was 90.