- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
- Belgium pushes for clear labeling of goods from Israeli settlements
- ‘Queen of Mean’ Leona Helmsley’s former home hits market for $65M
- Florida beach-goers told to beware flesh-eating bacteria in water
- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
Topic - william a. donohue
The head of the Catholic League issued a scathing criticism at President Obama, posting on his group's website an essay that pointed to all the Christians being beheaded by Muslim terrorists and asking: Doesn't that matter to you?
The Catholic League is sending a strong message to three different beer brewery companies that boycotted St. Patrick's Day parades over gay rights issues: We should boycott you, too.
The Smithsonian's National Portrait Gallery quickly removed a video Tuesday that was part of an exhibit after complaints from a Catholic group that the images were sacrilegious.
It's a rare religious dispute that gets the Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights and the Americans United for Separation of Church and State on the same side.
For the full version of this developing story, check tomorrow's editions of The Washington Times or www.washingtontimes.com.
"I can search in vain to find you condemning the genocidal slaughter of Christians by Muslims," Mr. Donohue wrote. "Muslim terrorists are killing Jews in Israel, and their representatives have pledged to wipe Jews off the face of the earth. Yet your administration spends most of its time lecturing Israelis to be patient. About what? Being bombed because they are Jews? Do Jewish lives mean so little to you?"