FRIDAY’S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
The Tampa Bay Rays look to hang on to their lead in the AL East, while the Minnesota Twins aim to gain ground in the AL Central. 7 p.m., ESPN
BEST OF THE WEEKEND IN SPORTS
Paul Azinger has put together one of the least-experienced teams ever for the Americans. But they’re at home at Valhalla in Louisville, Ky., and they are probably having more fun than Tiger would have.
LSU at Auburn
These two teams have given up a total of 41 points in five games. (LSU last week beat Mississippi State 3-2.) Will this be another tense defensive battle, or will the SEC ever provide a shootout to enjoy?
Cowboys at Packers
Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers will get his first big test of the year. Though this is just his third career start, he did put up a gallant effort in place of an injured Brett Favre during a loss to Dallas last season.
NASCAR Sprint Cup Camping World 400
The Chase continues Sunday in Dover, Del., with Carl Edwards and Jimmie Johnson tied for the lead. But Kyle Busch could get back into it with a repeat of his win in June.
TWT FIVE » REASONS WHY NED YOST WAS FIRED
1. He put mustard on the Miller Park bratwurst instead of the famous “Secret Stadium Sauce.”
2. He lost $25,000 in bets on sixth inning sausage race.
3. He came to the ballpark hung over after a late night of drinking with Bernie Brewer.
4. He went on an unauthorized parachuting trip using Prince Fielder’s pants.
5. Players complained of his constant humming of the theme from “Laverne & Shirley.”