FRIDAY’S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
After getting swept by the Marlins in Florida to open the season, the Nationals try to get those wins back at home. 7 p.m., MASN2
THE BEST OF THE WEEKEND IN SPORTS
Washington looks to avoid another scary defensive effort and tie the series at 1-1.
Cleveland has LeBron and friends. Detroit won’t have Iverson. But you never know with the NBA playoffs.
Subway Fresh Fit 500
Jimmie Johnson has won the past three Sprint Cup races in Phoenix. Points leader Jeff Gordon hopes to improve on his 13th- and 41st-place finishes there last year.
Pittsburgh took it to Philadelphia in the opener, but it seems likely this series will go at least six games.
TWT FIVE ” REJECTED FEATURES OF NEW YANKEE STADIUM
1. Winning baseball - Somehow it got left out of the blueprints.
2. Hot tubs in every section - Not enough workers willing to be paid $7 an hour to clean them.
3. Statues of “Mystique and Aura” - Designs were rejected after parents groups said they were more appropriate for the entrance to a Manhattan gentlemen’s club.
4. Casino - The Yankees realized fans would have no cash to gamble with after spending all their money on tickets and concessions.
5. Juice bar - No need: Yankees players are already juiced.