- Associated Press - Tuesday, February 11, 2014

SHREVEPORT, La. (AP) - Authorities in Shreveport say an early morning fire heavily damaged a home Tuesday, but no injuries were reported.

Fire investigators tell KSLA-TV (https://bit.ly/1g3ghg1 ) the fire was reported shortly before 5:30 a.m. at a house in the 3800 block of Cornell Drive.

Firefighters say the home was engulfed in flames when they arrived.

Two adults and a child escaped without injury after a smoke alarm alerted them to the blaze, investigators say.

It took about 30 minutes to get the fire under control.

Investigators believe the fire may have started in a kitchen stove.

___

Information from: KSLA-TV, https://ksla.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide