- Associated Press - Thursday, February 6, 2014

WEST CHESTER, Pa. (AP) - Authorities are pleading with residents not to use generators or gas grills inside Philadelphia-area homes left without power by the icy weather.

Robert Kagel, deputy director for emergency management in Chester County, told WCAU-TV on Thursday that 20 to 25 people were taken to hospitals overnight with carbon monoxide poisoning.

He said some of the more seriously injured were transferred to Philadelphia hospitals for treatment.

Kagel said about 130 people spent the night in emergency shelters in the county, one of the hardest hit by Wednesday’s storm.

In past storms officials have repeatedly warned of the dangers of using generators or gas grills inside or keeping cars running with garage doors closed.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide