- Associated Press - Friday, February 7, 2014

FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) - A woman and her young child have been killed in a North Texas house fire that investigators say was sparked by a suspected electrical problem.

The woman’s husband, and the father of the child, was injured in the blaze Thursday evening in Fort Worth. Fire Capt. Tom Crow said Friday the fire began in the living room of the single-story, wood-frame home.

The names of the three have not been released and the man was being treated in the burn unit of a Dallas hospital. Authorities have corrected the age of the boy to 4.

Crow says the man was able to escape the flames. Firefighters found his wife and child in the rear of the home.

Crow says no smoke detectors were found in the home.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide