- Associated Press - Saturday, February 8, 2014

NEBO, N.C. (AP) - Emergency personnel in McDowell County say a 12-year-old boy has died and two others have been hospitalized after apparent carbon monoxide poisoning.

Sgt. Johnsie Parker of McDowell EMS said sheriff’s deputies and emergency workers responded to a call from a home Friday afternoon.

Authorities said responders found the 12-year-old boy dead. They also found a 9-year-old boy and a 29-year-old man with life-threatening injuries. The patients were transported by a pair of medical helicopters Spartanburg Regional Hospital.

The names of the victims haven’t been released.

Officials haven’t determined a cause, but rescue workers found high levels of carbon monoxide in the home. An investigation is continuing.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide