- Associated Press - Sunday, February 9, 2014

PORT RICHEY, Fla. (AP) - Officials are crediting a 1-year-old German Shepard with saving his owner after their mobile home caught fire in southwest Florida.

Port Richey Fire officials say a man awoke Saturday morning to hear his dog Trooper scratching and barking at the door. When the unidentified man opened his bedroom door, officials said he noticed the living room was on fire and filled with heavy smoke. The two made it out safely.

The man told officials he may have lost all his belongings, but was grateful that he and his best friend Trooper were not harmed.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide