- Associated Press - Sunday, February 9, 2014

TEMPLE, N.H. (AP) - An historic New Hampshire bed and breakfast is closed due to fire damage caused after flames spread from another structure fire on the same property.

The Herban Living Bed and Breakfast in Temple caught fire as firefighters were battling a fire in a house nearby on the same property.

Firefighters tell WMUR-TV (https://bit.ly/1d8PvlS ) that neither building was occupied at the time of the fires, which apparently started in an oil heater in the house.

Officials it took nearly three hours to extinguish the three-alarm blaze at the house and inn, located about 15 minutes from Peterborough.

The inn is located in the General Miller House, originally built in 1760.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide