- Associated Press - Wednesday, March 19, 2014

BELOIT, Wis. (AP) - Investigators have ruled accidental a Beloit house fire that killed two people and injured a third.

But officials still don’t know the exact source of the March 5 fire.

WISC-TV (https://bit.ly/PQVm71) reports fire officials say the fire started in the dining room, and could have been started by different items, including a ceiling light fixture, wiring associated with the light fixture, light bulbs or a humidifier.

Authorities say there were two battery-operated smoke detectors in the home, one in the basement and another on the main level.

Sixty-one-year-old Clint Christensen and his 33-year-old daughter, Jaime Christensen, died in the fire. A third victim, 60-year-old Caren Christensen, was treated and released from University of Wisconsin Hospital in Madison.

___

Information from: WISC-TV, https://www.channel3000.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide