- Associated Press - Saturday, May 24, 2014

WEST DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Members of a West Des Moines family discovered a fire in their garage, thanks to their 7-year-old dog.

Three residents in a home say they were awakened by their dog’s barking around 2 a.m. Friday. The residents then discovered a fire in the garage and escaped outside.

West Des Moines fire officials tell the Des Moines Register (https://dmreg.co/1kdIZxI) that the fire started in a vehicle’s engine compartment.

The fire damaged three vehicles and the interior of the garage, but the main portion of the home only sustained minor smoke damage.

Damage costs are estimated around $70,000. No injuries were reported.

___

Information from: The Des Moines Register, https://www.desmoinesregister.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide