- Associated Press - Wednesday, January 17, 2018

SOUTH HERO, Vt. (AP) - Officials say a construction worker helped rescue a co-worker who was overcome by carbon monoxide at a Vermont camp for children with cancer.

WCAX-TV reports the construction crew was working on a project at South Hero Camp Ta-Kum-Ta before the rescue Tuesday morning.

Fire officials say one worker walked into a garage-style building at the camp and found the victim unconscious. The worker then pulled the person out of the building and called for help.

Both people were hospitalized. Their current condition has not been released.

Fire officials say they detected elevated levels of carbon monoxide in the building, but they have not identified the source. Firefighters have aired out the building.



___

Information from: WCAX-TV, http://www.wcax.com

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide