- Associated Press - Tuesday, January 2, 2018

INDIANOLA, Neb. (AP) - Investigators have determined that a candle started the house fire that killed two people last week in central Nebraska.

The Nebraska State Fire Marshall says the fire that started near Indianola, Nebraska, shortly after midnight Thursday appears accidental.

Douglas and Debra Swanson died in the fire. They were both 61.

One of their adult daughters, 34-year-old Laura Swanson of Denver, escaped the fire. Another adult daughter who lives at the home wasn’t there at the time of the fire.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide