- Associated Press - Monday, January 8, 2018

TANEYTOWN, Md. (AP) - Fire officials in Maryland have blamed two fires on people trying to thaw frozen pipes.

WBFF-TV in Baltimore reported that one fire occurred Sunday afternoon in Taneytown, which is east of Hagerstown. No injuries were reported.

The Maryland Fire Marshal’s Office attributed the cause of the blaze to the use of a blowtorch to heat pipes. Officials said about 90 firefighters fought the blaze, which caused about $300,000 in damage.

Officials said a maintenance worker used a heat gun and a hair dryer to thaw pipes in a townhouse. The maintenance worker and the occupant were able to safely escape.

The Fire Marshall’s Office said in a statement that another fire began under similar circumstances Sunday in Edgewood, an area northeast of Baltimore.

___

Information from: WBFF-TV, http://www.foxbaltimore.com/baltimore_md/


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide