- The Washington Times - Thursday, April 25, 2019

The NBA and the Sacramento Kings announced Thursday they will conduct a joint investigation into the allegations that coach Luke Walton sexually assaulted a woman in 2014.

Earlier this week, former sports reporter Kelli Tennant filed a civil lawsuit against Walton, accusing him of pining her to a bed, groping and kissing her in a Santa Monica, California hotel room. Tennant, 31, spoke publicly about the incident for the first time on Wednesday. 

“The Kings and the NBA take these allegations very seriously and will collaborate to conduct a complete and thorough investigation,” the Kings said in a statement.



The Kings introduced Walton as their new coach on April 15, but the team has said it was unaware of the allegations beforehand. 

Walton has denied the allegations and his attorney, Mark Baute, said they will be able to prove it in court. Baute also said they will not pay Tennant “a dime.” 

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide