By Associated Press - Wednesday, January 13, 2021

CHICAGO (AP) - An apparent carbon monoxide leak in an apartment on Chicago’s Northwest Side has left an elderly woman dead and an elderly man in critical condition, police said Wednesday.

The Chicago Tribune reported that the 75-year-old woman and the 80-year-old man were found shortly after 1 a.m. Wednesday on the floor of an apartment where police said there were high levels of carbon monoxide.

Both the woman and the man were taken to Community First Medical Center for treatment of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning. The woman, identified by the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office as Sandra Perez, was pronounced dead a short time later. Police did not release the man’s name.

Police said there was no indication of any foul play.

Copyright © 2022 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide