By Associated Press - Friday, September 13, 2019

HILLSBORO, Ore. (AP) - A jury has found a Hillsboro man guilty of 18 counts of child sex abuse involving three girls.

KOIN-TV reports the Washington County jury convicted Alvaro Noe Mendoza-Valencia on charges ranging from rape and sodomy to creating child porn and unlawful sexual penetration.

One of the girls reported the abuse to a relative in 2016. But an investigation wasn’t launched until the relative later passed the story on to a victim advocate, who notified Hillsboro police.



Investigators learned from the girls that the abuse had been happening for several years.

They said Mendoza-Valencia threatened to hurt them or their loved ones if they told anyone.

Mendoza-Valencia will be sentenced later this month.

___

Information from: KOIN-TV, http://www.koin.com/

Advertisement
Advertisement

Copyright © 2026 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.