OK, here is the roster update, which is (as usual) in flux:
* Chris Bourque has been recalled, but is not guaranteed to play tomororw.
* Simeon Varlamov has been sent to Hershey, and Brent Johnson will back up Jose Theodore tomorrow.
* Alexandre Giroux has not been demoted, hence the reason he was practicing with the team.
* Bruce Boudreau hopes that Karl Alzner will be able to play against Buffalo, but he expects a defenseman to be recalled just in case he can’t go.
* Boudreau also hopes Donald Brashear can play tomorrow, but maybe not — so maybe Giroux and Bourque both get to play if Brash can’t.
* Tomas Fleischmann returned to the building today and did some excercise work for the first time. Boudreau said he’s out “a while” but doesn’t know how long that will be. He has some strength to regain before he can go again.
* Karl Alzner took two shots to the right hand and has a bruise. It is swollen, but he hopes to be able to play tomorrow.
* Tom Poti said he hopes to be cleared to start skating again, but isn’t sure about a return. He said it was just a normal stride that messed up his groin again.