The Randy Moss experiment in New England will be put to the test now that Tom Brady is out for the season. We have read the accounts of how Moss has matured and fit in with the Patriots, and supposedly how he is now one of the leaders in the locker room. That, to understate it, is hard to believe. Moss matured as long as he was catching 98 passes last year from Brady for nearly 1,500 yards. If the Patriots stick with backup quarterback Matt Cassel, or anyone else pretty much for that matter, you will see the Patriots rely on a system of defense and ball control offense for the rest of the season. The quarterback will be managing the game, not defining it. You can be sure when that happens, the old selfish Randy Moss will be heard loud and clear, and put the Patriots locker room chemistry to the test. Maybe they will bring in retired quarterback Dante Culpepper, Moss’ old passer from Minnesota, to placate their volatile wide receiver.
- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Randy won't be dandy
About the Author
- LOVERRO: These are Bruce Allen's Washington Redskins now
- LOVERRO: CBS Sports leaves broadcasters hanging in Redskins name debate
- LOVERRO: Who are the men behind D.C. 2024 curtain?
- LOVERRO: Ian Desmond could follow Jeter model in D.C.
- LOVERRO: Red Klotz an unquestioned winner despite 14,000 losses
Latest Blog Entries
blog comments powered by Disqus
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
Lovey Land Archives
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Obama takes aim at 'corporate deserters'
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Michael Moore, movie-making critic of capitalism, has nine homes