Redskins training camp — Day Three
Today was our first glimpse of Jason Taylor in a Redskins uniform. If
you haven’t seen any of the photos from today, go on over to
Extremeskins.com for some shots I took this morning
participated in some squad drills and later today some 9-on-9s. He did
not participate in the 11-on-11s that featured the most action today.
Today was also the first day players were wearing pads. There were two
sessions today (as there has been since camp began) and camp was again
open to the public this morning. Unfortunately for the fans, this
morning’s practice was cut short by about an hour due to lightning and
heavy storms that rolled through at about 9:40AM. I feel for those of
you who came out and didn’t get to see a full practice. Don’t worry
however camp will again be open to the public tomorrow morning at 8:30AM
(with gates opening at 6:30AM).
I noticed today that the defense seems a bit ahead of the offense.
While the offense was able to execute some things, the defense is made
most of the plays with almost all of the highlights was by guys in dark
Here are notes from today’s practices:
• London Fletcher was not here today. His wife is due to deliver a baby
any day now and it may have been related.
• I wrote on Extremeskins today that receivers seem to be waiting on the
ball a lot from Campbell. While hitch and comeback routes are designed
for this, it seems to me that guys who are supposed to be catching it in
stride are having to slow or stop waiting for the ball.
• Demetric Evans knocked Todd Wade on his rear end. Yesterday it was
Jansen. He also had a batted ball during the 11-on-11s. I asked Coach
Palermo about him and he praised Demetric’s work ethic.
• H.B. Blades met Clinton Portis in the gap during a running play and
• Justin Tryon had a very nice pick of a Jason Campbell throw intended
for Anthony Mix.
• Coach Bugel praised draft pick Chad Rinehart today, saying that he
thinks he has the potential to be special.
• Bugel also said that he is very pleased that Jason Taylor is here so
that the offensive line can drill against him.
• Clinton Portis turned his ankle in practice this morning but was back
on the field this afternoon.