What do Obamacare, a hacker group and online pornography have in common? A White House email address. On June 26 the hacker group Lulzsec ceased operations after a 50 day hack-and-release program that made Wikileaks look like a force for moderation. The group published a variety of sensitive documents on its web site including a large stash of files from Arizona law enforcement sources, internal system files from various companies, and tens of thousands of email and password combinations from random site registries. Buried in one such list of 26,000 emails was firstname.lastname@example.org, the controversial address the Obama administration established to gather information during the debate over health care. “If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy,” a White House press release from August 2009 said, “send it to email@example.com.” The effort generated a firestorm over internet privacy and raised questions whether the Obama administration was compiling a database of names and email addresses of Obamacare’s enemies. After three weeks of punishing controversy the administration dropped the plan. But those who worry about socialized medicine won’t be happy to learn that according to Lulzsec the password for firstname.lastname@example.org was “karlmarx.” Yet the hackers did not get this information by breaking into the White House server. It was looted from the registration files of the online pornography website pron.com. Granted, there is no way of knowing whether or not someone from the White House really used that address and password combo to sign up for online porn or whether this was a political statement from a disgruntled citizen. But whatever it is, it sure seems fishy.
- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
- Landslide hits Indian village; 150 may be trapped
- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
Obamacare is the Real Pornography
About the Author
James S. Robbins, Ph.D., former Senior Editorial Writer for Foreign Affairs, was formerly professor of international relations at the National Defense University, associate professor of international relations at the U.S. Marine Corps Command and Staff College and special assistant in the Office of the Secretary of Defense under Donald Rumsfeld. Dr. Robbins is author of the recently released "This Time ...
- ROBBINS: One nation, divisible
- ROBBINS: Making July 4 unpatriotic
- ROBBINS: The coming American counterrevolution
- ROBBINS: Leftists hijack the Founding Fathers
- ROBBINS: The 'Do the right thing' Congress
Latest Blog Entries
You Might Also Like
The Robbins Report Archives
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of politicizing business
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone