- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
Kagan confirmation hearings begin
Supreme Court nominee Elena Kagan arrives for her confirmation hearings before the Senate Judiciary Committee.
Supreme Court nominee Elena Kagan listens to opening remarks on Capitol Hill in Washington, on Monday, June 28, 2010, during her confirmation hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee. (AP Photo/Susan Walsh)