- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
NUGENT: The Declaration of Defiance
Get ready to toss out the Fedzillacrats in November
Question of the Day
Defiance is the DNA of America. Every fiber of my being is overdosed on high-octane defiance. I often rise in the morning convinced that I am Rosa Parks with a loud guitar. It is beautiful.
From our forefathers tossing tea into the Boston Harbor over abusive taxes; to the brave defenders of the Alamo, who were outnumbered 25-to-1; to Brig. Gen. Anthony C. McAuliffe, who answered the Nazi punks with “Nuts!” when he was asked to surrender at Bastogne during the Battle of the Bulge, the DNA of America is rife with proud defiance.
We celebrate our freedom on Independence Day, but when you read Thomas Jefferson’s Declaration of Independence, it could have easily been called the Declaration of Defiance.
What Jefferson and his fellow patriots John Adams and Benjamin Franklin wrote was a uniquely defiant document that not only listed their grievances defying King George’s oppressive government but also was a declaration of out-and-out war against tyranny.
Our forefathers knew when they signed the Declaration that they were pledging their sacred honor, fortunes and, more than likely, their lives in hopes that we could live free. They knew their Declaration of Defiance would bring war against the world’s most powerful, undefeated military. Our forefathers then fired a shot heard around the world.
America faces new challenges that once again require our steadfast defiance if we are to leave future generations of Americans with a more vibrant republic, more freedom and more liberty. That is the goal, right?
Those of us who truly care must stand in defiance of an out-of-control spending Fedzilla that clearly is intent on bankrupting America with an orgy of proven wasteful spending. The share of the national debt for each taxpayer is now more than $115,000, and it keeps climbing wildly every day. That’s despicable and intolerable. Toss the Fedzillacrats out this coming November and all future Novembers. All of them.
We must stand in strong defiance of those who support amnesty to illegal invaders and virtually open up our borders, and we must instead stand arm in arm with Arizona and draw a line in the sand on the banks of the Rio Grande.
Law-and-order Americans must defy those who support turning violent, recidivistic punks loose from prison while advocating disarming the American public. The only good carjacker or rapist is a dead carjacker or rapist. Case closed. It’s so simple only stupid people could find fault with that. A polite society is an armed society.
Americans must defy those who seek to enslave us to foreign energy when America can and must be energy-independent. We have the energy. What we lack is the leadership and the will.
We must defy those who, because of their fantasy-driven ideologies, seek to tear down America and reshape her in their warped cultural, social and political views. Clowns belong in the circus, not in charge of anything.
Americans must stand in defiance of Fedzilla taking over the world’s premier health care system and smothering it with bureaucrats, lawyers, stacks of new requirements and more government agencies. If you enjoy standing in line at the Department of Motor Vehicles, you will adore Fedzilla Care.
We must stand in defiance of those who blame America first instead of promoting and believing in American exceptionalism. If you don’t like it here, pack your trash and set sail for Mexico or Cuba, where all your wishes are already public policy. Mexico and Cuba put the fun in dysfunction.
Americans must defy those bureaucratic numbnuts and toxic bloodsuckers who believe more government is the answer to our problems. All clear-thinking and sober Americans know a drastically reduced Fedzilla is the solution.
We must stand in defiance of those Fedzillacrats who seek to reshape Wall Street without first cleaning up the root cause of the economic meltdown - Fedzilla’s very own Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae and the gaggle of power abusers run amok. We know who they are, and they need to be brought to justice.
About the Author
Ted Nugent is an American rock ‘n’ roll, sporting and political activist icon. He is the author of “Ted, White, and Blue: The Nugent Manifesto” and “God, Guns & Rock ‘N’ Roll” (Regnery Publishing).
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
Get Breaking Alerts
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Houston mayor: Sorry that police put man's blind dog on road to die