- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
NUGENT: The Declaration of Defiance
Get ready to toss out the Fedzillacrats in November
Question of the Day
Defiance is the DNA of America. Every fiber of my being is overdosed on high-octane defiance. I often rise in the morning convinced that I am Rosa Parks with a loud guitar. It is beautiful.
From our forefathers tossing tea into the Boston Harbor over abusive taxes; to the brave defenders of the Alamo, who were outnumbered 25-to-1; to Brig. Gen. Anthony C. McAuliffe, who answered the Nazi punks with “Nuts!” when he was asked to surrender at Bastogne during the Battle of the Bulge, the DNA of America is rife with proud defiance.
We celebrate our freedom on Independence Day, but when you read Thomas Jefferson’s Declaration of Independence, it could have easily been called the Declaration of Defiance.
What Jefferson and his fellow patriots John Adams and Benjamin Franklin wrote was a uniquely defiant document that not only listed their grievances defying King George’s oppressive government but also was a declaration of out-and-out war against tyranny.
Our forefathers knew when they signed the Declaration that they were pledging their sacred honor, fortunes and, more than likely, their lives in hopes that we could live free. They knew their Declaration of Defiance would bring war against the world’s most powerful, undefeated military. Our forefathers then fired a shot heard around the world.
America faces new challenges that once again require our steadfast defiance if we are to leave future generations of Americans with a more vibrant republic, more freedom and more liberty. That is the goal, right?
Those of us who truly care must stand in defiance of an out-of-control spending Fedzilla that clearly is intent on bankrupting America with an orgy of proven wasteful spending. The share of the national debt for each taxpayer is now more than $115,000, and it keeps climbing wildly every day. That’s despicable and intolerable. Toss the Fedzillacrats out this coming November and all future Novembers. All of them.
We must stand in strong defiance of those who support amnesty to illegal invaders and virtually open up our borders, and we must instead stand arm in arm with Arizona and draw a line in the sand on the banks of the Rio Grande.
Law-and-order Americans must defy those who support turning violent, recidivistic punks loose from prison while advocating disarming the American public. The only good carjacker or rapist is a dead carjacker or rapist. Case closed. It’s so simple only stupid people could find fault with that. A polite society is an armed society.
Americans must defy those who seek to enslave us to foreign energy when America can and must be energy-independent. We have the energy. What we lack is the leadership and the will.
We must defy those who, because of their fantasy-driven ideologies, seek to tear down America and reshape her in their warped cultural, social and political views. Clowns belong in the circus, not in charge of anything.
Americans must stand in defiance of Fedzilla taking over the world’s premier health care system and smothering it with bureaucrats, lawyers, stacks of new requirements and more government agencies. If you enjoy standing in line at the Department of Motor Vehicles, you will adore Fedzilla Care.
We must stand in defiance of those who blame America first instead of promoting and believing in American exceptionalism. If you don’t like it here, pack your trash and set sail for Mexico or Cuba, where all your wishes are already public policy. Mexico and Cuba put the fun in dysfunction.
Americans must defy those bureaucratic numbnuts and toxic bloodsuckers who believe more government is the answer to our problems. All clear-thinking and sober Americans know a drastically reduced Fedzilla is the solution.
We must stand in defiance of those Fedzillacrats who seek to reshape Wall Street without first cleaning up the root cause of the economic meltdown - Fedzilla’s very own Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae and the gaggle of power abusers run amok. We know who they are, and they need to be brought to justice.
About the Author
Ted Nugent is an American rock ‘n’ roll, sporting and political activist icon. He is the author of “Ted, White, and Blue: The Nugent Manifesto” and “God, Guns & Rock ‘N’ Roll” (Regnery Publishing).
TWT Video Picks
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
Get Breaking Alerts
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Gen. James Amos, Marine Corps commandant, slams Obama's handling of Iraq
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- EDITORIAL: Obamacare in intensive care
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote