- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
NUGENT: A salute to Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck, et al.
Follow their lead and spread the word till Election Day
I joyfully bring you a glowing report as I wrap up my tour across America 2010, where nightly, all summer long, I have been privileged to meet with great, hardworking and hard-playing American families from every imaginable walk of life in 68 cities. I share with you a powerful, united message of unstoppable good will, decency, indefatigable, positive spirit and a herculean work ethic that is absolutely dedicated to bringing America back from this embarrassing brink of unaccountable upside-down government gone mad.
The heartbreak and frustration with Fedzilla refusing to respect “we the people,” the anger at the runaway corruption and abuse of power from the top down, and the rude, soulless arrogance displayed by elected officials violating the fundamental pillars of the American Way are palpable and offensive on every level.
The most productive Americans speak the same language, and in each and every meeting, on every radio talk show, at every airport and restaurant, at charity events everywhere, I constantly hear the same admiration and respect for how well our pulse and spirit are represented and articulated by two great Americans every time they open their mouths.
On behalf of so many families with whom I am humbled to share a deep connection, I wish to thank and salute both Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin for speaking for us and representing the pragmatism that drives our quality of life.
Of course, I cannot fail also to salute and thank sincerely the mighty Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, Neil Cavuto, Monica Crowley, Ann Coulter, Megyn Kelly, Dennis Miller, Mark Davis, Frank Beckmann, Michael Savage, the entire Fox News team and so many other conservative, sensible, courageous and reasonable voices all across this country.
The line drawn in the sand is far too obvious in these times, and when these conservative pundits speak out, they literally speak for the majority of Americans, or clearly at least the most productive, kindhearted Americans who have not lost contact with our heritage, our Founding Fathers, the U.S. Constitution, the Bill of Rights, the Ten Commandments, the Golden Rule and the American Way.
It is overtly obvious that conservatives want an accountable, limited government to secure our borders, win the war against terror, have a victory strategy instead of an exit strategy, and take care of our heroes of the U.S. military. We conservatives still ask not what our country can do for us, but how we can do our absolute best for our country.
Meanwhile, the backward, so-called “progressives,” embarrassed to label themselves liberals anymore, raise a cacophony on how they aren’t willing to do jack squat for their country that they are ashamed of, but squawk an insane list of demands their government must do for them.
Safety nets, bailouts and artificial stimulus maneuvers are desperate measures for wimps and whiners and excuse makers, and therefore guarantee mediocrity at best, slovenliness and gluttony more often than not, intentionally crippling the hardest-working, most-productive American work force in the history of mankind. Fundamental change, indeed. Bizarro world, for sure.
I conduct daily interviews in city after city with brilliant historians, educated thinkers, clever leaders and thoughtful strategizers who give me real, defined hope, not for ambiguous smoke-and-mirrors change, but for intelligently articulated upgrades, with historical and current evidence to support such forward motion. There’s a big difference between campaigning for change and real, positive and identified change, Mr. President.
November is right around the corner. Thank God, for the Obama tailspin cannot be sustained any longer. The vicious abuse of power and corruption must come to a screeching halt as soon as possible if we are to stop the well-orchestrated economic hemorrhaging and the further deterioration of our foreign policy nightmare.
So to my fellow conservatives, both those in the media and those on the not-so-mean streets of the greatest country on earth, I urge you to continue to turn up the heat, charge forth with increased vigor and confidence and spread the good word far and wide like never before. Engage, educate and recruit an increasing army of “we the people” Tea Party warriors, by convincing your families, co-workers, friends, neighbors, fellow churchgoers, your hunting buddies, your BBQ buddies, your bowling buddies, everybody, everywhere, every time, every day, we can and must take back America from the disconnected Fedzillacrats and bureaucrats, starting in November and continuing ever after.
As the great Glenn Beck says, combining faith, hope and charity with the return to the original priorities and principles that made America the “Shining City on the Hill” is the fastest and only way back. Godspeed, America.
Ted Nugent is an unstoppable American rock ‘n’ roll, sporting and political activist icon. He is author of “Ted, White, and Blue: The Nugent Manifesto” and “God, Guns, & Rock ‘N’ Roll” (Regnery Publishing).
About the Author
Ted Nugent is an American rock ‘n’ roll, sporting and political activist icon. He is the author of “Ted, White, and Blue: The Nugent Manifesto” and “God, Guns & Rock ‘N’ Roll” (Regnery Publishing).
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Get Breaking Alerts
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- EDITORIAL: Senate rejects Adegbile for Justice post
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- U.S. deploys 12 F-16 fighter jets to Poland as exercise in response to Ukraine situation
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Time for feckless president to show resolve
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama reserves 'Chicago way' for GOP
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Public education would wither in free market
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Turkey not committed to Cyprus peace
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Spoiled-kid culture creates greedy adults