- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Norfolk police revise training after recruit death
Question of the Day
NORFOLK, Va. (AP) — Training procedures at the Norfolk Police Department's police academy are being revised after a recruit collapsed during training and later died.
The Virginian-Pilot reports that acting Police Chief Sharon Chamberlin announced the changes Tuesday.
Chamberlin says instructors will no longer strike recruits in the head.
Police officials also are working to raise awareness of head trauma.
Medical professionals are training instructors how to recognize head trauma. Recruits in future academies will receive such training, along with instruction on the importance of reporting head trauma, whether it involves themselves or another recruit.
Forty-year-old recruit John Kohn collapsed during self-defense training on Dec. 9 and died in a hospital Dec. 18. Police have said Kohn had received punches to the head from an instructor before and after colliding with another recruit.
Information from: The Virginian-Pilot, http://pilotonline.com
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors