- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
- Expert: Obamacare ‘death spiral’ fears exaggerated
- Alabama firefighters dig for survivors of apartment blast
- Big Sur wildfire destroys home of firefighting chief
- ‘ ’Twas the Night Before Christmas’ set for mock trial to argue authorship
- Angela Merkel’s third term as Germany’s chancellor to be marked by move to left
- Mega Millions entices with record-setting jackpot: Half a billion so far
- Dennis Rodman heads to North Korea — despite execution, political purge
Heat blow 12-point lead to Bulls, drop fourth straight
Andray Blatche and Nick Young scored 21 points apiece for the Wizards. Jordan Crawford, who is from Detroit, scored seven points.
“I had a lot of people in the crowd and I just wanted to play,” Crawford said. “I’m here in Washington and I’m glad to be given the opportunity to play here, and I want to be here for a while.”
Detroit lost to Minnesota on Wednesday night for the Timberwolves’ fifth road win of the season, but the Pistons were able to prevent the Wizards from earning a rare victory away from home. Washington beat Minnesota at home Saturday night, but the Wizards have won back-to-back games only once all season.
JaVale McGee scored 12 points for Washington, and Trevor Booker added 10.
Notes: Detroit’s Ben Wallace remained out following the death of his brother last weekend, and Tracy McGrady, who has been benched, sat out for a fifth straight game. … Washington attempted 34 free throws to Detroit’s 14.
By John R. Bolton
The president fiddles at his domestic altar while the world burns
- PRUDEN: The scam that will not die
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- Robert E. Lee and 'Stonewall' Jackson tributes face Army War College removal
- Wasted: Tom Coburn's 'Wastebook targets 70 days in bed, Facebook
- Embassy Row: India strikes back over diplomat's arrest
- Zadzooks: The Joker sixth scale figure review (Sideshow Collectibles)
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Colorado revolt: 55 of 62 sheriffs refuse to enforce new gun laws
- Army to cut up to 4,000 captains and majors
- U.S. downplays Saudi prince's criticism of Obama's Middle East policies
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Television commentary, reviews, news and nonstop DVR catch-up by Lisa King Dolloff and friends.
Wall Street news for retail investors who want to know what's going on.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow