- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns shelling of U.N. school in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Topic - Washington Wizards
Christmas Day has become the unofficial tip-off to the NBA season. With all the buzz building around Wall, Beal and Pierce, the Wizards have a shot at being on one of the five national TV games.
As the return to D.C. talk builds, Kevin Durant answers more questions and takes a dramatic social media step to avoid distraction, in theory.
NBA teams often draft players with the intention of stashing them elsewhere. Perhaps even the D-League. The Thunder and first round pick Josh Huestis might be changing the model.
The Wizards' offseason maneuvering receives more praise from the NBA pundit world.
Dates when the uniform will be worn are yet to be announced. The new jersey will be available for purchase beginning Oct. 1.
Glen Rice Jr. led the Las Vegas summer league in scoring and along with Otto Porter led the Wizards to a 5-1 record. All that led to Rice being named MVP.
The Wizards once again fell behind early in Las Vegas, but a comeback was not in the cards against the Kings despite 40 points combined from Glen Rice Jr. and Otto Porter.
Humphries appeared in 69 games, averaging 8.4 points and 5.9 rebounds, last season with Boston. In 10 seasons with the Jazz, Raptors, Mavericks, Nets and Celtics, he is averaging 6.8 points and 5.5 rebounds.
Apparently Marcin Gortat liked the idea of John Wall breaking the news of the big man's signing on Twitter seeing as he did the same to another teammate on Friday.
Paul Pierce coming to Washington still seems surreal several days beyond the breaking news. Reality set in some on Thursday when the Wizards officially announced the signing.
Wizards owner Ted Leonsis: "We did the right things in the right way; for today and with an eye out for tomorrow. I believe we have had a very successful offseason."
Shabazz Napier told CSN he doesn't run his own Twitter account and therefore doesn't know about unfollowing LeBron James.
The Wizards continued their frontcourt retooling on Wednesday by adding DeJuan Blair, leaving just a couple of roster spaces available.
The Wizards keep rolling and Glen Rice, Jr., keeps scoring in summer league. Tuesday night brought an 85-83 victory over the Miami Heat in Las Vegas. More here.
Trevor Booker arrived at the Las Vegas summer league to watch his NBA team's entry. Essentially as of Tuesday, that team is no longer the Washington Wizards.