- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay quip
- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
EDITORIAL: An appropriate burial for bin Laden?
White House panders to Islam by honoring terrorist
Question of the Day
A Zogby poll released Wednesday shows that one in five likely voters thinks Osama bin Laden is still alive. Despite this public-perception problem, the Obama administration continues to hide photos and video of bin Laden’s demise, instead reiterating that his corpse and burial were “taken care of in the appropriate way.” At a Pentagon briefing, a senior Defense official stated vaguely that bin Laden was handled “using the appropriate procedures and rituals.”
For those wondering what an “appropriate” Islamic burial entails, “Navy Military Funerals,” created by the Navy to govern laying its dead to rest, is more forthcoming. The Navy’s “Service for the committal of a person of the Muslim faith” lays out explicit steps that must be followed in a Muslim sea burial. The body must have been washed and wrapped “as required for the bodies of Muslims,” which refers to ceremonial cleanings that must be done by another Muslim. Those who have gathered to pray at the burial - ostensibly crew members because family is not allowed at sea burials - must face Mecca.
Formal funeral prayers must be said and are specifically listed in the service used by the Navy. In the part of the service in which supplication for the deceased is made, the prayer to be used includes the following:
“O Allah, forgive him, have mercy on him, pardon him, grant him security, provide him a nice place and spacious lodgings, wash him (off from his sins) with water, snow and ice, purify him from his sins as a white garment is cleansed from dirt, replace his present abode with a better one, replace his present family with a better one, replace his present partner with a better one, make him enter paradise and save him from the trials of grave [sic] and the punishment of hell.”
The families of those slaughtered by bin Laden might not be happy to learn that the Obama administration may have considered it “appropriate” to ask Allah to “pardon” al Qaeda’s evil overlord. Or to petition him not only to let him into paradise but to give him a nice, big house when he gets there, with a better family and wife (or wives). How will those families feel about the fact that this sociopath got a better burial than many of their dead loved ones?
All of this highlights President Obama’s knee-jerk habit of kowtowing to Islam. By constantly emphasizing how bin Laden’s sea burial was in “conformance to Islamic requirements,” Obama officials communicated that the president is more concerned about placating the feelings of Muslim extremists than securing closure for the American people.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- EDITORIAL: A man for 2016
- EDITORIAL: Spies unlike us
- EDITORIAL: Amnesty by another name
- EDITORIAL: Navigating the swindle
- EDITORIAL: Payback time in Wisconsin
Latest Blog Entries
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
Get Breaking Alerts
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Half of America strips religion from Christmas
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay quip
- In court filing, NCAA denies legal duty to protect athletes
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Border Patrol helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- NAPOLITANO: NSA spies pick up interference from the Constitution
- John McCain to Harry Reid: Ill kick the crap out of you