- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Game 6: HRs by Beltre, Cruz put Rangers ahead
Albert Pujols didn’t like the call on strike three to start the sixth, but it appeared he was fortunate not to get punched out on the previous pitch.
Boy, the Cardinals are really making a mess for themselves on defense. Not sure if they’re tight, cold, rusty or what.
Young followed with an RBI double to give Texas a 4-3 lead.
Interesting little chess match there in the top of the fifth after Young’s RBI double. Two outs later, Cardinals manager Tony La Russa intentionally walked the No. 7 hitter, Napoli, who has 10 RBIs in the World Series. That put runners at the corners for pinch-hitter David Murphy _ with pitcher Colby Lewis on deck.
Washington put Yorvit Torrealba in the on-deck circle, and Holland began warming up hastily in the bullpen. La Russa, however, wasn’t fooled by the decoys. Fernando Salas pitched around Murphy, loading the bases with an unintentional intentional walk. Forced to make a decision, Washington stayed with Lewis, who struck out to end the inning.
The Rangers still lead 4-3.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- 'Blarney Blowout' near UMass results in 73 arrests; 4 officers injured
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
- Obama engages in Ukraine diplomacy from Fla. resort as Russia digs in
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again