- Maine police find wife, husband, 3 children dead in home
- Sarah Palin Channel makes online debut as counter to mainstream media
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Freak lightning storm kills 1, injures 7 on California beach
- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
Deion Sanders cited for fight with estranged wife
Question of the Day
PROSPER, TEXAS (AP) - Former Dallas Cowboys star Deion Sanders has been charged with misdemeanor simple assault in the wake of an altercation with his estranged wife that got her arrested at their mansion in suburban Dallas.
Police say the charge doesn’t warrant arrest. A police spokesman wouldn’t detail the allegations, but says simple assault could be as simple as touching or jerking from a grip.
A message left with Sanders‘ attorney wasn’t immediately returned.
The Hall of Famer tweeted Monday that Pilar had attacked him, and he posted a photo of his children filling out police reports. He later removed the post.
Pilar Sanders was arrested on a misdemeanor domestic violence charge. She was released Tuesday, maintaining her innocence.
THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP’s earlier story is below.
Much like his playing days, Deion Sanders‘ tumultuous marriage has had no shortage of flash and drama: A reality TV show, a divorce arrangement in which the couple continued to live together.
And this week, the former Dallas Cowboys star took to social media to tweet that his estranged wife had attacked him at his North Texas mansion, even posting a photo of his children filling out police reports.
“Joy came this morning and we opened the door and let Joy in,” he tweeted Tuesday.
Pilar Sanders, who was charged with misdemeanor assault and held overnight in county jail, was released Tuesday. Standing outside Collin County Jail, she said she was being treated unfairly.
“I’m a full-time mom, 100 percent for my children,” she said, her voice breaking. “And I just haven’t been given a fair shake.”
Deion and Pilar Sanders have been living in the same home in the Dallas suburb of Prosper, months after Deion filed for divorce in December. Deion’s attorney, Rick Robertson, said both had separate living areas within the large home.
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- Former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell's trial to test definitions of political corruption
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Washington Times strikes content and marketing partnership with Redskins
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq