- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Collin McHugh: Rookie dazzles in debut; Mets still fall to Rockies
Question of the Day
New York, in the midst of a deep funk, helped the Rockies out of potential trouble. Mike Baxter misjudged Tejada’s popped ball to center with one out in the second and was thrown out at second by Colvin, costing Tejada a single.
NOTES: Gold medal-winning American gymnast Gabby Douglas threw out a ceremonial first pitch. It was a high, arching pitch from the front of the mound that was caught to the first-base side of the plate by pitcher Robert Carson. Having not bounced the ball, Douglas raised both arms in triumph. … The Mets canceled the option of C Rob Johnson to Buffalo and put him on the 15-day DL, retroactive to Aug. 15, with a ligament tear in his left thumb. … Rockies CF Dexter Fowler was on crutches, his ankle wrapped, after spraining it Wednesday night. Manager Jim Tracy said he wasn’t available but the medical staff told him Fowler was day to day. … Mets 1B Ike Davis dropped Wright’s bounced throw from third on Wilin Rosario’s grounder leading off the second, but Davis picked up the ball with his bare hand in time for the out. … The Mets offered a kids-go-free if accompanied by adults promotion; the game drew 22,544, the 12th-lowest crowd ever at 4-year-old Citi Field. … The Rockies also won five in a row from May 28 to June 1.
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq