- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
- North Korea holds election: 100% turnout, Kim Jong-un gets — 100% of vote
- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
Kobe Bryant helps Lakers reach .500 with 100-94 win over Knicks
NOTES: Bryant surpassed Oscar Robertson as the league’s all-time Christmas Day scorer with 383 points. Robertson had 377. … Knicks F/C Amare Stoudemire shot some before the game. He’s been out all season after left knee surgery. “I’m not quite there yet, but I’m making progress,” he said. “I’ve just got to stay patient and stay ready. We’ve been doing extremely intense work, as far as cardio.” … Knicks C Marcus Camby had four points and four rebounds in 8 minutes. He’s been sidelined by a sore left foot and barely played this season. … Asked about Bryant as an MVP candidate, D'Antoni said, “You can’t put anybody MVP if you’re below .500.” … In their only other Christmas Day meeting in 1963, the Lakers beat the Knicks 134-126 behind 47 points by Jerry West and 27 from Elgin Baylor. … Nash said the gift bags in their lockers with the tag, “From Kobe Merry Xmas 2012” contained headphones. “Can’t ever have enough,” he said. … The Lakers were all in white, while the Knicks were all in orange down to their socks in a color similar to Syracuse. … Among the celebs holidaying at Staples Center were Rihanna and Chris Brown, Adam Levine, Samuel L. Jackson, George Lopez and Richard Lewis. Vanessa Bryant and her two young daughters sat courtside opposite the Lakers bench.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Russia besieges Crimea as U.S. seeks diplomacy; Putin remains undeterred by Obama's sanctions
- Investigators puzzle: How does a 777 jetliner just disappear into thin air?
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Adam Lanza's dad: He would've killed me 'in a heartbeat'
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again