1. Will the Redskins unleash Robert Griffin III? Griffin attempted only two rushes last Sunday in his return from a mildly sprained right knee. Griffin and Mike and Kyle Shanahan insisted he was healthy enough to run, but the limitations suited their game plan. Griffin rushed seven times in Washington's 38-31 win over Dallas on Thanksgiving.
2. Can Washington pressure QB Tony Romo and get him on the ground? The Cowboys have passed on 65.1 percent of their plays this year, the second-most in the NFL behind Detroit. Washington succeeded in pressuring Romo by blitzing in the first half on Thanksgiving. Romo has hurt the Redskins by extending plays, so finishing sacks is crucial.
3. Who will win the turnover battle? The Redskins' 28-point second-quarter explosion on Thanksgiving resulted in part from two turnovers. Dallas made the game close in the second half after Robert Griffin III threw an interception. Washington's turnover margin this season is plus-14; Dallas' is minus-10.
4. Can the Redskins continue their recent trend of playing by the rules? The Redskins, once on pace to lead the NFL in penalties, no longer do. They averaged 8.3 per game during their 3-6 start, but that is down to 6.5 during their six-game winning streak. They committed a season-low three against Philadelphia last week.
5. Which team's kicking game will be steadiest in the wind? The forecast for Sunday includes temperatures around 30 degrees and 16 mph winds. That's strong enough to impact the game. Considering these teams combined for 69 points in their first game, each field goal and punt matters. The wind could impact the passing games, as well.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Rand Paul
Obama acts as though we no longer have a Constitution
Independent voices from the TWT Communities
First over-the-counter column approved for fast and effective relief from even your worst media-induced headache.
Contributions to the Communities Sports desk from readers.
Happiness is attainable. Morning to night. I love to teach, deal with folks that have an issue and really wish to tackle it and write.
Benghazi: The anatomy of a scandal
Vietnam Memorial adds four names
Cinco de Mayo on the Mall
NRA kicks off annual convention
California wildfires wreak havoc